EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
- Alexandra Park Parochial Church Council (and Hall Management Committee) are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment in which local people can enjoy and improve their quality of life free from discrimination.
- All individual and group users of our facilities will be respected regardless of race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital, economic or political status or any other grounds for discrimination.
- We recognise the need to monitor this equal opportunities commitment and will demonstrate this commitment by:
- keeping a record of any incidents of abuse or discrimination which occur using our facilities;
- supporting the victim of any such discrimination;
- discussing any such act of discrimination with the person(s) responsible and reserving the right ultimately to exclude that person or group
- providing facilities for those with disabilities, as directed by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, and continuing to monitor such provision;
- trying to ensure that no one who uses our facilities condones or encourages any form of discriminatory attitude or behaviour;
- making copies of this statement freely available and insisting that all who use our facilities conduct themselves within the spirit of this Equal Opportunities Statement.
Adopted at the meeting of the Parochial Church Council on 12 September 2000
Reviewed April 2002
Antony F Pybus